PRASEG is the cross party group for UK politicians and senior stakeholders that exists to promote sustainable energy issues in Parliament and the wider political community. Active since 1979, the Group is the longest-standing APPG specifically working on sustainability and climate change issues as they relate to the energy sector, and the Group now has a Parliamentary membership in excess of 130 Members from across the House of Commons and the House of Lords.
The role entails a highly-variable workload and requires a wide range of skills – from administration and events management (both small events and large conferences with multiple partners) through to stakeholder management and the ability to work closely with politicians from different Parties. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate aptitude across all these areas along with a commitment to sustainability and equitably tackling climate change.
The specific responsibilities of the Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and ensuring the delivery of a programme of PRASEG events including policy seminars, briefings, the PRASEG Annual conference, as well as receptions etc. throughout the year
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with PRASEG’s broad range of Parliamentary and non-Parliamentary members and recruiting new members from both to join PRASEG.
- Supplying relevant information to Parliamentary members of the Group and other Parliamentarians as requested;
- Promoting PRASEG activities, communicating with members and building PRASEG’s presence through the website, social media, mailings and other such activities
- Securing sponsorship for PRASEG activities;
- Preparing and disseminating policy briefings, and other such material relevant to the aims and work of PRASEG;
- The effective organisation of the PRASEG membership system, including the processing of membership enquiries, applications and invoicing;
- Maintaining and developing PRASEG’s contact databases
- Day to day administration including: budgeting, book-keeping, filing, payment and receipt of invoices and so on
- Recruiting and managing the activities of any PRASEG staff and/or volunteers;
Ideally, the successful candidate will have recent experience of working in the UK energy and/or climate sector, an interest in UK politics, and be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of UK climate and energy policy. The successful candidate will need to be organised, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and committed to the approach PRASEG takes within the framework set by PRASEG Board.
Terms and Conditions
PRASEG Ltd is the long-standing secretariat for the All Party Parliamentary Renewable and Sustainable Energy Group, and for whom the Manager works.
The role can be undertaken on a permanent employment basis or on a rolling consultancy contract (within IR35) depending on the preference of the successful candidate,
The position is part time (a flexible 3-4 days per week).and will be predominantly homebased with regular travel to/in London. The post holder will be responsible to the Chair of PRASEG Ltd.’s Board in the first instance.
The initial salary is in the region of £40,000 – £50,000 pro rata, depending on experience.
The holiday entitlement is pro rata to a full time role with 21 days holiday (from 01 April to 31 March) and accumulates on a pro-rata basis, plus the usual statutory holidays.
The post is subject to successful completion of a probationary period of three months
If employed, after the successful completion of the probationary period, the post holder will be eligible for:
- A 6% of annual salary contribution by PRASEG towards a personal pension scheme. The pension contribution will be backdated to the date employment started;
- An interest free staff loan to meet the costs of an annual (or other period) season ticket for travel to/from work available from commencement of employment.
Applications should include a letter outlining the suitability of the applicant for the post. The letter of application should be accompanied by an up to date CV and details of two people who, in the event of an interview may contacted for a reference. Ideally one referee should be personal and the other professional.
Applications should be sent to Jane Vaus at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 18.00hrs on Friday 19 November.
Applications will normally be acknowledged, but only applicants selected for interview will be contacted in follow up. Interviews may be a two stage process and full details will be provided to those selected for interview.
PRASEG does not normally enter into correspondence or feedback to applicants.
Find out more and apply here https://praseg.org.uk/articles/item/277-vacancy-praseg-manager