ECR Winter School – EPSRC CDT in Resilient Decarbonised Fuel Energy Systems
The UKCCSRC supports ECRs from our community to attend the ECR Winter School hosted by the CDT in Resilient Decarbonised Fuel Energy Systems.
In 2021, the Winter School was on 8-10 September at Park Plaza Nottingham Hotel in Nottingham.
The 2021 Winter School involves researchers from the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Resilient Decarbonised Fuel Energy Systems and the UKCCSRC Early Career Researcher community. There are up to 6 places available for UKCCSRC ECR members.
The Winter School is targeted at PhD students in the first and second year of their studies and provides an opportunity to connect with fellow students, academics and industrialists.
The Winter School also enables researchers to develop an understanding of technical and social issues surrounding energy, the environment, climate change, development and socioeconomics in the UK. Researchers will build on their knowledge and understanding provided throughout their research training to demonstrate critical thinking and multidisciplinary engagement aimed at finding novel solutions to real world problems in conventional power, fossil energy and carbon capture. There will also be an opportunity for all attendees to present their research and receive direct feedback from their peers.
- Get to know fellow researchers, industrialists and academics
- Improve networking with researchers from other years/institutions/topics
- Explain your research topic and your progress to date.
- Practice presentation skills in front of a supportive audience
- Work together in mixed teams to consider a real-world issue
- Socialise and have fun
- Applicants must be an ECR member of the UKCCS Research Centre
- Applicants must be working or studying in the CCS field within the UK academic community at an eligible organisation at the time of application and for the duration of the proposed activity
- Student applicants must be completing a postgraduate research degree programme in a CCS topic at a UK university or research institute eligible to receive UKRI funding
- Applications must be made by the applicant, but must be supported through a submission of the referee form to Carys Blunt, Finance and Centre Manager, email@example.com by their supervisor or line manager
- See full terms & conditions
Applications for the Winter School closed on 1st September and we funded one place. See below for our Winter School ECR blogs.
In 2021 we funded one UKCCSRC ECR member to attend the Winter School.
In 2019 we funded 7 UKCCSRC ECR members and in 2018 we funded 11.
Find out more about their experiences in the blogs linked below.