The Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy invites applications for the role of Senior Policy Adviser – Industrial Carbon Capture Business Models, in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Cardiff, Darlington, Edinburgh, London or Salford.
BEIS is looking to recruit a highly motivated, proactive individual with a track-record of critical thinking. The focus will be on the technical elements of the business model design, such as understanding the technologies being deployed and sectors of implementation, and the impact this has for eligibility, commercial design of the model and contractual terms. This could include:
- Developing and finalising technical components of a first-of-a-kind ICC business model, including leading particular policy workstreams ( e.g. metering, carbon capture technologies).
- Engaging with technical advisors to steer and handle work produced to drive forward policy design.
- Driving forward the delivery of the ICC business model contract, working with legal advisers and delivery partners to translate the ICC business model policy into contract terms ahead of negotiations with ICC projects.
- Supporting evolution of the ICC business model for future allocation rounds (‘Track-2’).
- Building specialist knowledge of the policy area and provide insight on our work to adjacent technical policy teams, senior officials, ministers, HMT and No 10.
- Partnering with others through productive and collaborative working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.