The International Energy Agency (IEA) is an intergovernmental organisation committed to advancing security of energy supply, economic growth and environmental sustainability through energy policy co-operation. The IEA operates as an autonomous body within the framework of the OECD. The Agency aims to foster the contribution of the energy sector to economic development and environmental sustainability.
The IEA seeks to recruit one or more interns to work on carbon capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS) technologies and contribute to the activities of the CCUS work programme. The intern will support the programme and will provide analytical, drafting and research support on specific projects.
Specific responsibilities may depend on the profile and experience of the selected candidate, as well as the priorities within the team. General responsibilities may include:
- carry out topical literature reviews; review and summarise analysis relevant to CCUS, with a focus on industrial and power sector decarbonisation, low-emission hydrogen, and carbon dioxide removal among other topics; perform ad-hoc techno-economic and/or policy analysis
- perform research and data collection on CCUS projects, technologies, investments and policies to support the development and population of internal and public databases
- draft content for internal notes and analyses as well as for external publications related to CCUS
- participate in relevant internal and external events and meetings
- contribute to the broader work of the IEA, as appropriate.
Duration and work location:
- 3 to 6 months (starting between January and July 2024, with a preference for the first half of 2024)
- work location: in-person, Paris, France (non-negotiable)
- availability: full-time
- the selected candidate will be provided with a monthly indemnity of approx. EUR 1000
- applications (letter of motivation and CV) should be sent in PDF format no later than 11:59 pm (CET) on Sunday 26 November, with the email subject “IEA ETP CCUS internship application [your first name] [your family name]” to: email@example.com