Opportunity type: Internship
Organisation: The International Energy Agency (IEA)
Application Deadline: 4 November 2022
The IEA seeks an intern for a minimum of 3 months to join a team of enthusiastic professionals in the CCUS Unit in the Energy Technology Policy (ETP) Division.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the world’s leading international organisations on CCUS topics. Through this work, the intern will contribute to in-depth analysis on CCUS and other clean energy technologies to inform policymakers and support the wider deployment of CCUS technologies.
The IEA provides a modest stipend during the internship.
Specific responsibilities may depend on the profile and experience of the selected candidate, as well as priorities within the team. General responsibilities, among others, may include:
- Perform research and data collection on CCUS projects, technologies, investments and policies
- Support the development and population of CCUS tracking databases
- Update techno-economic analysis of CCUS across a range of sectors based on recent literature and project data
- Draft content for the IEA CCUS website
- Participate in relevant internal and external events and meetings
- Contribute to the broader work of the IEA, as appropriate
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Enrolled in a full-time graduate degree programme for the full duration of the internship, in a field or discipline related to the work of the IEA/OECD.
- Proven research skills and analytical abilities, including data analysis and management. Experience with large datasets and performing techno-economic assessments a plus.
- A good understanding of the energy sector, CCUS technologies, and the opportunities and challenges that come with new and emerging clean energy technologies.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
3-6 months starting January-February 2023
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4 November 2022, with the email subject “IEA CCUS internship application: [your first name] [your family name]”.
Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The IEA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates [who are nationals of IEA member countries], irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.