The Department for Energy Security and Net Zero is recruiting for the role of Deputy Director, CCUS Network Optimisation.
Main responsibilities for the role include:
- You will be part of a multi-disciplinary leadership team consisting of 5 deputy directors and a director, working closely with other Directorates in the Department of Energy, Security and Net Zero, OGDs and ALBs.
- You will be leading plans for further expansion of Track 1 by optimising the carbon capture and storage of the existing 2 clusters: HyNet and East Coast Clusters, and their associated storage companies beyond the initial plans.
- You will develop and deliver the next stage of the process (Track 2) and confirm two additional clusters and the emitter projects to meet the government commitment of 4 clusters by 2030 at the latest.
- You will lead work to ensure that the CCUS network is optimised across power, industry, hydrogen, greenhouse gas removals and other sectors in delivering Government’s objectives.
- You will lead financial discussions for the CCUS programme with HMT covering Track 1, Track 1 expansion, Track 2 and the future expansion of CCUS.
- You will lead the systems architecture team to produce a system wide view of the market place and provide the assurance that the market is both comprehensive and robust.
- You will be expected to play an active part in the leadership of the immediate and wider team, balancing the demands of the role with the development and progression of our people. A critical measure of our success will be our ability to fully integrate all the work streams into one collective effort with a clear focus on outcomes.
- You’ll be active in promoting a diverse environment where all colleagues feel safe to challenge, encouraging measured risk taking and innovation to deliver better approaches to deliver our work.
- You’ll display real passion and enthusiasm for the work that we do, helping to inspire the team, colleagues and stakeholders to fully engage with the aims and long-term vision for CCUS and the net zero agenda. With the leadership team you will work to embed a culture of inclusion and equal opportunity for all, where the diversity of individuals’ backgrounds and experiences are valued and respected