The closing date for this vacancy is TBC. Please contact the named contact in this advertisment for further information.
Location – Renfrew
Competitive salary and benefits
If you are planning to apply to this position, please do contact Dr Vinay Mulgundmath in the first instance ([email protected]).
The most significant energy revolution is underway now. The energy landscape is changing developments in technology and consumer behaviour at an unprecedented rate, driving the transition and creating new opportunities in our industry.
With the support of the wider Doosan business, we are establishing an innovation team to leverage the company’s existing Distributed Energy Resource (DER) technologies and to accelerate the development of new product offerings and energy solutions of the future.
We are now seeking an experienced engineer to join our growing Energy Systems business to help lead a portfolio of Carbon Capture Utilisation and Storage (CCUS) Research and Innovation projects.
- Responsible for technical leadership and application of expert knowledge in the field of CCUS
- Develop innovative engineering solutions from conception through to field implementation using existing/new products or strategic partnerships with third parties.
- Co-ordinate multi-disciplinary projects and teams to deliver differentiating products and technologies
- Responsible for the delivery of proposals and projects to schedule, cost and quality in accordance with established operating procedures, stakeholder requirements and project objectives.
- Help lead internal and external research and innovation programmes, including management of public grant funded projects from proposal generation through to project coordination.
We are looking for candidates who are degree qualified with considerable research or industry experience in CCUS. PhD and/or Chartered Engineer status is preferable. Experience of front-end engineering process system design with a working knowledge of PFDs/P&IDs, operating philosophies, equipment design specifications and technical/safety risk assessment is required. In addition, we are looking for candidates who have a Research and Innovation background in product development and have a good understanding of public funded grant processes and procedures within the UK and EU. You should also have a working knowledge of hydrogen systems, including generation (SMR, Electrolysis), storage, transportation and Power-to-X technologies.
If you are passionate, driven and an expert in your field then joining our organisation will provide significant opportunities for you to embrace the energy of the future.