BF2RA (The Biomass and Fossil Fuel Research Alliance) operates a programme to support research into the clean and efficient use of biomass and fossil fuels, to build capacity in this area. Proposals are invited for specific research relating to the following:
- Plant Flexibility
- Biomass including Energy Integration/Storage and CC(U)S
- Condition-Based Monitoring/Asset Management and Prediction Tools
- Energy Transition
- Materials Challenges
BF2RA will provide funding of typically £25-40k per successful application to support PhD/EngD research or in well justified cases, shorter term (ca. 6 month) research fellowship based projects may be considered at £10-20k. It is envisaged that the University will provide the matching funding from CDT, Research Council or other funding sources as is appropriate/necessary.
The Call Process and Schedule
- Call Issued – by 14/12/2018 Deadline for submission of Proposals – 1700hrs GMT 28/02/2019
- BF2RA Panel review Proposals – week beginning Monday 01/04/2019
- Advise outcomes, week beginning Monday 15/04/2019 and initiate student selection and contracting process in preparation for autumn 2019 project starts.
Proposals should be submitted electronically to [email protected]
>>Get more information