A webinar on implementing CO2 capture and storage (CCS) technology will take place on 22nd October, 2019. This webinar is the second webinar funded by the UKCCSRC, as part of their programme for Early Career Researchers.
We are pleased to invite you to submit an abstract for an oral presentation for consideration at the webinar titled “CO2 Capture and Storage Researchers’ Forum” (CCSRF). Together with Dr Owain Tucker, two ECR’s will be offered the opportunity to present their work at the webinar delivered in Edinburgh. The call for abstract is open now.
Deadline for submissions: 11:59 P.M. on Tuesday, 22 July 2019.
Now, here is your chance. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
What makes this event significantly beneficial to all ECRs?
All ECRs who submitted an abstract will be given the option of having their abstract and contact information uploaded to the UKCCSRC website. We believe this measure would effectively improve the visibility of your work, help to develop your potential network and very importantly, there is no cost to you at all.
Besides the two ECRs, Dr. Owain Tucker, who is the Global Deployment Leader for CCS & CCUS in Shell, will also share his expertise to cover the industrial aspects of CCS. Both the latest research work and the valuable practical experience shall be presented in this webinar to ensure the audiences will greatly benefit from this.
The two selected presentations will be sent to Prof. Andreas Busch and Prof. Eric Mackay in advance of the webinar, and the authors will receive feedback on content and layout of the presentations, with a view to improve the overall quality of the webinar.
- The lead proposer and the presenter must be a UKCCSRC ECR member. If not already a member, simply apply via the website (https://ukccsrc.ac.uk/early-career-researcher/register).
- Please fill the application form
- The submitted abstract has to be based on or involved with your own study. ECRs can only lead and present on one abstract but may be named collaborators on other abstracts.
- Please select one of the following three categories from “CO2 Capture”, “Transportation”, “Utilisation and Storage” and rename the completed form as “The selected category_Your full name”.
- Please submit your completed application form via email as an attachment to [email protected]
- Two candidates will be selected and offered the opportunity to present their work throughout the UK at the webinar.
Travel to Edinburgh
This webinar will be delivered from a recording studio in Heriot-Watt University (HWU) in Edinburgh on 22 October 2019. Further information will be passed on later.
We are happy to cover the selected speaker’s expense travelling to Edinburgh with a maximum allowance of £110. A lunch, together with the industrial speaker and senior academic professionals, will be provided to ensure that there is time to discuss areas of interest in advance of the webinar.
Register your interest here.
The link to this webinar and further information will be sent to your registration email address later.