We are pleased to invite you to submit an abstract for an oral presentation for consideration at the webinar titled “CO2 Capture and Storage Researchers’ Forum” (CCSRF). The call for abstract is open now.
Deadline for submissions: 4pm Tuesday 10 July 2018.
Now, here is your chance. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
- The lead proposer and the presenter must be a UKCCSRC ECR member. If not already a member, simply apply via this website (see top right).
- Please fill in the application form
- The submitted abstract has to be based on or involved with your own study. ECRs can only lead and present on one abstract but may be named collaborators on other abstracts.
- Please select one of the following three categories from “CO2 Capture”, “Transportation”, “Utilization and Storage” and rename the completed form as “The selected category_Your full name”.
- Please submit your completed application form via email as an attachment to [email protected]
- Two candidates will be selected and offered the opportunity to present their work during the webinar.
What makes this event beneficial to all ECRs?
All ECRs who submit an abstract will be given the option of having their abstract and contact information uploaded to the UKCCSRC website. We believe this measure would effectively improve the visibility of your work, help to develop your potential network and very importantly, there is no cost to you at all.
Besides the two ECRs, Dr. Owain Tucker, who is the Global Deployment Leader for CCS & CCUS in Shell, will also share his expertise to cover the industrial aspects of CCS. Both the latest research work and the valuable practical experience shall be presented in this webinar to ensure the audiences will greatly benefit from this.
The two selected presentations will be sent to Dr. Tucker in advance of the webinar, and the authors will receive feedback on content and layout of the presentations, with a view to improve the overall quality of the webinar.
If you are selected to speak at the webinar
We are happy to cover the selected speaker’s expense travelling to Edinburgh with a maximum allowance of £110. A lunch, together with the industrial speaker, will be provided to ensure that there is time to discuss areas of interest in advance of the webinar.
This webinar will be delivered from a recording studio in Heriot-Watt University (HWU) in Edinburgh on 4 September 2018. You can find more information about the event, and how to join here.
2:30-3:20 Talk given by Owain Tucker (35-minute talk and 15-minute questions and discussions).
3:20-3:45 First ECR’s talk (TBC). (15-minute talk and 10-minute questions and discussions).
3:45-4:10 Second ECR’s talk (TBC). (15-minute talk and 10-minute questions and discussions).
Details of how to register for the event will be added here soon. For now, please save the date in your calendar.