Professor Wang joined the University of Sheffield in Sept. 2016 (with Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering & Energy2050).
He was trained as Process Engineer in China, then moved to the UK in Jan. 1999 to join Imperial College London and University College London.
He joined the University of Hull in Oct. 2012 as Reader in Process and Energy Systems Engineering & CCS after 6 years with Cranfield University as Lecturer and MSc Course Director.
Professor Wang is a Chartered Engineer. He has published well over 100 technical (journal and conference) papers, and industrial reports. He has been involved in different research projects worth over £13 million from UK Research Councils. European Union and Industry as investigators (PI or CI).
1. PhD in Advanced Process Control from the Centre for Process Systems Engineering at (CPSE) at University College London (UCL) and Imperial College London from Jan. 1999 to Dec. 2001. Viva held in Nov. 2002.
2. MSc in Process Control and Instrumentation from East China University of Science and Technology (ECUST), China from Sept. 1992 to Jul. 1995.
3. Diploma in Process Control and Instrumentation from Nanjing Chemical Engineering and Power College (now part of Nanjing Normal University), China from Sept. 1985 to Jul. 1988.
1. Sept. 2016, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering & Energy2050, University of Sheffield.
2. Oct. 2012 to Sept. 2016: Reader & then Professor (since 2014) in Process Systems Engineering and CCS at University of Hull
3. Sept. 2006 to Sept. 2012: MSc Course Director for Carbon Capture and Transport & Lecturer in Process Systems Engineering at School of Engineering, Cranfield University
4. Jun. 2004 to Sept. 2006: Senior Engineer at ALSTOM Power Technology Centre, UK
5. Mar. 2003 to May 2004: Postdoctoral Research Fellow for University of Plymouth
6. Jan. 1999 to Mar. 2003: Research Assistant and then Postdoctoral Research Fellow at CPSE, Imperial College London
7. Sept. 1995 to Dec. 1998: Lecturer in Beijing University of Chemical Technology (BUCT), China
Aug. 1988 to Aug. 1992: Assistant Process Engineer in Jiangsu Province Chemical Fertilizer Plant