Senior Lecturer 2015 - Present
• London South Bank University (LSBU) MSc/MEng (Petroleum Geoscience).
Consultant Geoscientist NRG 2009 - 2015
• Senior Associate ERCEquipoise, Novas Consulting part-time.
• Delivered reports evaluating the asset portfolio and the near-term performance potential of a variety of companies. Reviews for assets in Africa, Norway, South America, and Middle East. Clients included LGO Energy, SLR, Richmond Energy Partners, Vanguard Energy & Oilvoice (training).
• Geoscience input to LSBU petroleum Engineering courses, as HPL.
Global Business Centre, BP London 2000 – 2008
• Project Manager: Led Global process improvement initiatives with international benchmarking in HR and IT, specifically IT&S Monitoring and Control. Also input to a major functional re-organisation (IT).
• Audit Manager: Led complex multi-business audits, including global Upstream, and reported to Executive on Group Risk and Internal Control
Senior Geophysicist, BP Exploration, Alaska 1998 – 2000
• Led geoscience technical work for development of Alaska’s Endicott field
• Critical success was delivering 3D reprocessing, building on recent techniques
Mid-Norway Team Leader, Emerging Areas Asset, BP Norway 1995 – 1998
• Responsible for Licence access, exploration and development including seismic and well-planning work programmes. Assets included mature basin acreage and frontier deepwater. Developed teams of 8-12 professional staff including recruitment, with operating budget of $2.5M (excluding well costs - $25M deepwater and $6.5M shallow-water, and seismic).
Project Co-ordinator, 14th Licensing Round, BP Norway 1992 – 1995
• Planned $5M strategic licence access project and co-ordinated 50 strong cross-discipline, cross-asset team (won $80 million commitment).
Senior Geophysicist, Geophysical Modelling Gp, BP Sunbury 1987 – 1991
• Global coach for applications (thermal modelling to ray-tracing and synthetics) and implementation in the businesses. Development of in-house de-compaction software and forward modelling tools.
Research Centre, BP Sunbury 1984 – 1987
• Developed basin-wide data integration software, palaeo-environments with tectonic features, to support regional evaluation.
NERC Research Fellow, University of Cardiff 1982 – 1984
PhD, Palaeomagnetism & Plate Tectonics, University of Leeds 1982
BSc (Hons) Geophysics, University of Edinburgh 1978