The UKCCSRC International Research Collaboration Fund offers a mechanism for UK based researchers working within the academic UK CCS community to collaborate with other CCS researchers around the world. Funds are available to support and strengthen both emerging and existing international collaborations.
The Centre is pleased to announce that the range of activities that may be funded has been expanded to cover group visits and field work, and that the fund will now suppport individual collaborations of up to six months.
There are currently no calls open.
UKCCSRC academic members have the option of applying for:
a. Funding for an overseas research visit (e.g. a field trip or group visit) of between one and four weeks in duration covering travel and subsistence only or;
b. Funding for an overseas research visit (or other collaboration activity) by a single researcher of between one and six months in duration, covering travel, subsistence and staff costs.
Please note applications for visits of a longer duration (over six months) will be considered where co-funding from other sources has been obtained (or is being applied for). The visit must take place within seven months of notification of funding.
UKCCSRC academic members may now also apply to the International Research Collaboration Fund for short group visits or field trips overseas.
The applicants must make a sufficient case for funding that demonstrates the scientific value of the visit and demonstrates how it would support the UKCCSRC’s overall objective of building emerging research collaborations overseas and the Centre’s International Engagement Strategy.
Before submitting an application, applicants should check that they meet the eligibility requirements and ensure all necessary information is presented with their application. These requirements will be strictly followed. Applications without all necessary information or which fail to provide evidence to show how the assessment criteria are met will be rejected.
- Applicants must be an academic member of the UKCCSRC.
- Applicants must be working in the CCS field within the UK academic community at an eligible organisation at the time of application and for the duration of the proposed exchange activity.
- Applicants must hold a permanent or fixed-term contract of employment at a UK University or research institute eligible to receive RCUK funding.
- This scheme is not intended to be used to extend or supplement an existing international research collaboration. If your proposal relates to an existing international research collaboration, please state the case for additionality and how you are initiating new activities.
- Activities must further research in a CCS-related field.
- The academic host at the overseas collaborating institution must have a track record of relevant CCS research activity.
- Requests for support for travel should normally be based on a direct route between the UK and the overseas collaborator’s country, although missions to receiving organisations in more than one country within one exchange visit will be considered.
- Activities (including reporting and expenses claims after returning to the UK) must be completed within seven months notification of funding. If a funding offer is made, the applicant will confirm travel dates as part of the award process – further changes will only be allowed under exceptional circumstances.
- Ineligible overseas collaborating institutions include industrial, private and commercial organisations. If in doubt, please contact the Network Manager, Ciara O’Connor, at email@example.com.
- Activities which are eligible for funding from other UKCCSRC sources will not normally be considered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if in doubt.
- It is the responsibility of applicants to check for any visa requirements and travel restrictions for the visit, and should check the FCO travel advice website: www.fco.gov.uk prior to submitting an application.
 An eligible organisation is defined as one eligible to receive RCUK funding in the UK or for overseas applicants, the equivalent in that particular country.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com