- This event has passed.
Transforming the Foundation Industries Network+ launch event – 15 February 2021
15 February 2021 @ 14:00 - 16:00
The Transforming the Foundation Industries (TFI) Network+ is having a launch event on 15 February 2021 at 2pm GMT. The TFI Network+ aims to assist the foundation industries to remain competitive whilst simultaneously facing challenges from environmental legislation and the drive towards net-zero carbon 2050. The foundation industries – glass, ceramics, metals, paper, cement and bulk chemicals – are worth £52bn per annum to the UK’s economy but account for 10% of the UK’s total CO2 emissions. In recognition of the global and national importance of these industries, the Engineering and Physical Science Research Council has awarded £2m of funds to form the TFI Network+.
This event introduces the TFI Network+ and highlights the challenges that the network will be addressing. Speakers at the Network+ launch include:
- Andrew Large of the Confederation of Paper Industries
- Laura Cohen of the British Ceramics Confederation
- Laura Baker, Chair of the IOM3 Iron & Steel committee
- Justin Perry of Northumbria University
- Paul Bingham of Sheffield Hallam University
- Bruce Adderley – Challenge Director – Transforming Foundation Industries