- This event has passed.
The Geological Society – Energy Geoscience Conference 2023: Powering the energy transition through subsurface collaboration
16 May 2023 - 18 May 2023
The Geological Society are holding the first Energy Geoscience Conference, EGC1 on ‘Powering the energy transition through subsurface collaboration’ from Tuesday 16 to Wednesday 18 May 2023, in Aberdeen.
The aim of this new Energy Geoscience Conference series is to explore and develop the contribution of geology and geophysics to the low-carbon energy transition. The meeting will be a key forum for sharing geoscientific aspects of energy supply as earth scientists grapple with the subsurface challenges of remaking the world’s energy system, balancing competing demands in achieving a low carbon future.
An exciting suite of field trip options reflecting the conference themes have been scheduled for the week of the conference, which aim to bring geoscience to life including:
- CCS – Field Excursion to the Moray Coast – an analogue for carbon storage sites
- Core Workshops 1 and 2 – Injectites (Chestnut Field)
- Vattenfall Aberdeen Offshore Windfarm – Boat Tour
- Highland Boundary Fault – Stonehaven
- Field Excursion to the Old Red Sandstone of Stonehaven and Crawton
- Core Workshops 3 and 4 – Acorn (CCS)
You must be a confirmed EGC1 attendee to register for these field trips and workshops. You will be required to purchase a separate ticket for your chosen event here.