- This event has passed.
UK Universities COP26 Climate Innovation Showcase event: Decreasing CO2 in the atmosphere: solutions from technology and nature
9th November 2021 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
UK Universities COP26 Climate Innovation Showcase is holding an event on Tuesday 9 November, 15:30 – 17:00 on ‘Decreasing CO2 in the atmosphere: solutions from technology and nature’.
This event will explore the big options available for CO2 decrease, removal and storage by 2050, both as nature-based remedies, and as technology solutions. How can these both contribute and why is longevity of storage the key to balance, and to reliable offsets?
- Professor Mercedes Maroto-Valer, Heriot-Watt University -Chair- Champion and Director, UK Industrial Decarbonisation Research and Innovation Centre (IDRIC)
- Professor Stuart Haszeldine, University of Edinburgh, SCCS Director and Professor of Carbon Capture & Storage
- Professor Pete Smith, University of Aberdeen, Professor of Soils & Global Change
- Jeremy Leggett, NbS developer and rewilding two Scottish Estates
- Kirsty Lynch, Pale Blue Dot Energy Limited, Scotland’s Acorn project