IGNITE Network+ Launch Event, Strathclyde (hybrid event)
IGNITE Network+ is holding its launch event on Tuesday 18 April 2023 at 10am at the University of Strathclyde. This is a hybrid event, for those who are not able to join in person.
The IGNITE Network+ (Innovation and Growth Needs Inclusion and engagement of all Talent in Energy) is led by Strathclyde with partners Imperial College London, the University of Manchester, the University of Nottingham, the University of Bristol, Queen’s University Belfast and Brunel University London and received £1.25m over 4 years to tackle the lack of diversity in the energy research sector.
Morning: you will hear from the following speakers who will discuss the EDI challenges in the energy research sector, mechanisms for change and best practice, this will include a panel discussion with a Q&A.
- Professor Becky Lunn, MBE, University of Strathclyde Director of IGNITE Network+
- Professor Simone Abrams, University of Durham, Director of the EDI+ Network
- Prof Scott MacGregor, Vice Principal, University of Strathclyde
- Dr Jim Fleming, Head of Energy Theme & Caitlin McAuley, Senior Portfolio Manager | EDI & People, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
- Professor Christopher Jackson, Director of Sustainable Geoscience, Jacobs Engineering Group
- Dr Geetha Srivanasan, Technical Lead R&D Sustainable Chemistry Research, PETRONAS
- Dr Diego Baptista, Head of Research and Funding Equity, Wellcome Trust
Lunch: networking lunch followed
Afternoon: the afternoon workshop will launch the IGNITE flexible funding call on EDI initiatives (FA2) and will:
- bring people together who are interested in applying for funding “FA2: EDI Challenges, identifying barriers and designing disruptive initiatives”;
- facilitate preparation of collaborative bids by building project teams;
- generate ideas by exploring the most challenging areas facing the energy research community, identifying barriers and designing disruptive initiatives.