This course offers training to meet the needs of both academic research and wider industrial stakeholders, providing hands-on experience of operating pilot scale tests at the Translational Energy Research Centre (TERC), and formerly, at the national UKCCSRC-PACT facilities, and knowledge of simulation of advanced carbon capture technologies for the power generation industry. The course covers different capture technologies and relevant experimental facilities.
Applications now open
Total places available: 5 funded places to attend training at the TERC facilities
Aim of award: To provide ECRs with pilot plant training at the TERC facilities
Closing Date: 4th October 2021, 5pm
- 5 funded places available
- Applicant must be a UKCCSRC ECR member
- ECR member eligibility will be checked (main criterion is that the applicants are still eligible for the EPSRC New Investigator Award or studying a PhD in the field of CCS)
- Expected outputs – Blog/social media/case study including a follow up phone call with the UKCCSRC Communications Officer
- Training costs will be covered by UKCCSRC (Nottingham)
- ECR’s host institute will cover all related travel, accommodation and subsistence costs
- You are not eligible for this award if you have already attended a TERC (formally PACT) training course funded by UKCCSRC
- Applications must be made by the applicant, but must be supported through a submission of the referee form to Carys Blunt, Finance and Centre Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by their supervisor or line manager
- See full terms & conditions
- The TERC training days will be awarded based on the applications received and will be assessed to identify the ECRs that will benefit the most from this training
- The UKCCSRC reserves the absolute right to interpret these rules and make final award decisions
Please see below for the scope of the call, plus details of previous calls.
Please use the form below to apply:
Data Protection The information you enter on this form will only be used for the purposes of organising this event. Members of the UKCCSRC team may contact you with information about the event, using the details you have provided, in the run up to, and for a short time after, the event. We will delete your personal data from the registration form following the event.
Photography Photographs and/or recording will take place throughout the events advertised above. The images and/or recordings will be used for publicity or other purposes to help achieve the UKCCSRC’s aims. This might include (but is not limited to), use in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please speak to a member of UKCCSRC staff.
|ECR PACT Training – 2019|
|>>View the blog here|
|ECR PACT Training – 2018|
|>>View the blog here|