OPEN: ECRs can apply to the fund to support their attendance at the UKCCSRC Spring 2023 Conference, Cardiff, 28th-29th March.
The ECR Meeting Fund closed for applications on 16th March 2023, 12pm (noon)
The UK Carbon Capture and Storage Research Centre (UKCCSRC) has established a meeting fund to provide a mechanism for UK based Early Career Researchers (ECRs) working and studying within the academic UK CCS community to attend UKCCSRC meetings, including ECR events, that they would not otherwise be able to attend.
It is a condition of the award that successful ECRs contribute to social media during the event and a blog after the conference, for publication on the UKCCSRC website.
It is expected that supporting ECRs via this fund to attend UKCCSRC meetings will contribute to their overall education in Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) and presents an opportunity to ECRs to network with peers, key figures in the CCS academic community and industry representatives.
Please contact the UKCCSRC Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) if any additional expenses are incurred (beyond that required to meet the normal contracted requirements of the job) relating to childcare or other personal needs.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions on the ECR Meeting Fund.
ECR Meeting Fund: UKCCSRC Spring 2023 Conference, Cardiff, 28th-29th March
Aim: This fund offers a mechanism for UK-based early career researchers (ECR) working and studying within the academic UK CCS community to attend UKCCSRC meetings that they would not otherwise be able to attend. Funding is available to support travel and accommodation for the meeting.
Duration: ECRs may apply to the fund to support their attendance at a maximum of two UKCCSRC meetings per year. It is normally expected that meeting activities will take place within one month of notification of funding. For the UKCCSRC Conference in Cardiff we are accepting applications until 12pm (noon) Thursday 16th March 2023.
Allocation of places: In the event that this call is oversubscribed, priority will be given i) to allowing attendance of ECRs from a range of institutions, and ii) to those who have not previously attended a physical UKCCSRC Conference/awayday/meeting and/or made other use of UKCCSRC support to attend meetings. The order in which applications have been received may also be used, if necessary, to allocate places.
Contact information: Please email UKCCSRC Secretariat on firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any clarification on this call.
Applicants should note that awards will be reimbursed via an expense claim form or invoice received by the UKCCSRC team following the Event. It is expected that ECRs will be able to travel to Cardiff on the morning of 28th March and return home on the afternoon of 29th March, therefore requiring only one overnight in stay in Cardiff. Requests for an additional night of accommodation should be justified and approved in advance.
- Apply online via the Meeting Fund Application Form below.
- Ensure that they or their supervisor/manager submits this Referee Form by email to email@example.com before 12pm (noon) 16th March 2023.
- Applicants will be asked in the online application to upload pdf quotes or statements used in their estimate of expenditure. Please read the terms and conditions for details on claimable expenditure.
- Applicants should expect to receive a funding decision by no later than Monday 20th March 2023. Remember you will also need to register separately for the Conference. Early registration is highly encouraged!
- PhD student studying a CCS or CCUS-related topic
- In a lectureship or equivalent (i.e. fellowship) post for less than 5 years (with the exception of career breaks for any reason)
- PDRA or equivalent with a permanent contract OR fixed term contract that extends to the proposed end date of the funding
- See UKCCSRC ECR eligibility criteria for more information
- Applications must be made by the applicant but must be supported through the referee form by their supervisor or line manager.
- Please ensure you have fully read the Terms and Conditions Terms and Conditions of Award before applying as some modes of transport and accommodation providers are not claimable.
Please note the data protection and photography clauses for this fund:
The information you enter on this form will only be used for the purposes of administering funding for this event. Members of the UKCCSRC team may contact you with information about the event, using the details you have provided, in the run up to, and for a short time after, the event. We will delete your personal data from the registration form following the event.
Photographs and/or filming will take place throughout the events advertised above. The images will be used for publicity or other purposes to help achieve the UKCCSRC’s aims. This might include (but is not limited to), use in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please speak to a member of UKCCSRC staff when you arrive at the event.