Applications for the first funding call of the UKCCSRC Early Career Researcher Collaboration Fund are now closed.
The award enables ECRs to collaborate with experts outside of their home institution on areas within CCS, through the provision of support for travel. The collaborations can be within the UK or with relevant overseas organisations.
- Up to £10k available in total to be split between successful applicants
- Applicant must be a UKCCSRC ECR member
- ECR Member eligibility will be checked (main criterion is that the applicants are still eligible for the EPSRC New Investigators Award)
- Expected outputs – Blog/social media/case study/photos including a follow up phone call with Katie Johnson, UKCCSRC Communications Officer, to see if the collaboration has or will lead to other work/collaborations etc.
- Summary technical report suitable for briefing UKCCSRC Board/EPSRC on outcomes
- Costs are to be covered by the ‘host’ institute and then reclaimed via invoice to the UKCCSRC at a 100% recovery rate following receipt of the relevant outputs
- See full terms & conditions
What does the fund cover?
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence associated with the collaboration
- The applications will be assessed by experts from across the UKCCSRC academics, Industry Advisory Panel (IAP) and Scientific Council membership
- Once the deadline for applications has passed the UKCCSRC will start the assessment process and applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application within 1 month of the deadline
- The exact number of funded applications will depend on both the quality of the proposals received and the available budget
- The UKCCSRC reserves the absolute right to interpret these rules and make final award decisions
The UKCCSRC has funded collaborative projects in the past. Here’s two case studies so you can see what other researchers have done.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 15, 2018 – 15:00
Call Type: ECR Collaboration Fund