ECR COLLABORATION FUND
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
The application deadline was 5pm Monday 9th December. Applicants can expect an outcome by January 31st 2020.
We have now closed applications for the third UKCCSRC Early Career Researcher Collaboration Fund.
The award enables ECRs to collaborate with experts outside of their home institution on areas within CCS, through the provision of support for travel. The collaborations can be within the UK or with relevant overseas organisations.
If you have any questions about the award you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Up to £20k available in total to be split between successful applicants
- Applicants must be a UKCCSRC ECR member
- ECR Member eligibility will be checked (main criterion is that the applicants are either a PhD student in the field or are still eligible for the EPSRC New Investigators Award)
- Expected outputs – Blog/social media/case study/photos including a follow up phone call with the UKCCSRC Communications Officer, to see if the collaboration has or will lead to other work/collaborations etc.
- Summary technical report suitable for briefing UKCCSRC Board/EPSRC on outcomes
- Costs are to be covered by the ‘host’ institute and then reclaimed via invoice to the UKCCSRC at a 100% recovery rate following receipt of the relevant outputs
- See full terms & conditions
What does the fund cover?
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence associated with the collaboration
- The applications will be assessed by experts from across the UKCCSRC academics, Industry Advisory Panel (IAP) and Scientific Council membership
- Applications will be assessed using a standardised mark scheme
- Once the deadline for applications has passed the UKCCSRC will start the assessment process and applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application within 1 month of the deadline
- The exact number of funded applications will depend on both the quality of the proposals received and the available budget
- The UKCCSRC reserves the absolute right to interpret these rules and make final award decisions
Deadline: 5pm Monday 9th December 2019
To read about ECR collaborations that the UCCSRC has previously funded, here are two case studies showing you what other researchers have done, and a blog by Anna Stork about her latest collaboration.