Aim: This fund offers a mechanism for UK-based early career researchers working and studying within the academic UK CCS community to attend UKCCSRC meetings that they would not otherwise be able to attend. Funding is available to support travel, accommodation (up to a maximum of two nights) and subsistence for the meeting.
Duration: ECRs may apply to the fund to support their attendance at a maximum of two UKCCSRC meetings per year. It is normally expected that meeting activities will take place within one month of notification of funding. For the UKCCSRC Biannual Meeting in Edinburgh we are accepting applications from Friday 15 July 2016 to 9am (UK time) Monday 15 August 2016.
Contact information: Please email [email protected] or call Ciara O’Connor on 0131 650 8564 if you require any clarification on this call.
Applicants should note that awards will be reimbursed at 80% FEC recovery rate by invoice from their institution - please see the call T&Cs for full details. Referees will be asked to confirm acknowledgement of this in the referee form.
- Apply online via the form linked below, and
- Ensure that they or their supervisor/manager submits the Referee Form (downloadable here) by email to the Network Manager at [email protected]
before 9am (UK time) Monday 15 August 2016. Applicants will be asked in the online application to upload print-out quotes or statements used in their estimate of expenditure.
Applicants will be notified of the successful receipt of their submissions at the time and should expect to receive a funding decision by Friday 19 August 2016. Remember you will also need to register separately for the biannual meeting. Early registration is highly encouraged!
- Applicants must be a member of the UK CCS Research Centre or CCS Community Network.
- Applicants must be working or studying in the CCS field within the UK academic community at an eligible organisation at the time of application and for the duration of the proposed activity.
- Student applicants must be completing a postgraduate research degree programme in a CCS topic at a UK university or research institute eligible to receive RCUK funding.
- Any other applicants must hold a permanent or fixed-term contract of employment at a UK university or research institute eligible to receive RCUK funding.
- Academic and research staff applicants must meet the (non-technical) conditions for eligibility for the EPSRC first grant scheme. These include that applicants must normally have completed their PhD or equivalent professional qualification within 10 years of the time the application is submitted. Academic staff wishing to apply should also normally have been appointed to their first lecturer or equivalent position within the previous 36 months, or still be within the probation period associated with the new appointment.
- This scheme is not intended to be used to extend or supplement an existing fellowship: potential applicants who hold a personal fellowship should contact the Network Manager at [email protected] or call Ciara O’Connor on 0131 650 8564 to clarify their proposal intentions before submitting an application.
- Applications must be made by the applicant, but must be supported in writing by their supervisor or line manager.
Please ensure you have fully read the Terms and Conditions of Awards before applying.
Please apply via the link below. To apply you must be logged in to your UKCCSRC account - please log in via the boxes at the top right. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by entering just your username and clicking LOG IN. For help email [email protected].
THIS CALL IS NOW CLOSED