Aim: This fund offers a mechanism for UK-based early career researchers (ECR) working and studying within the academic UK CCS community to attend UKCCSRC meetings that they would not otherwise be able to attend. Funding is available to support travel and accommodation for the meeting.
Duration: ECRs may apply to the fund to support their attendance at a maximum of two UKCCSRC meetings per year. It is normally expected that meeting activities will take place within one month of notification of funding. For the UKCCSRC Network Conference in Cardiff we are accepting applications until Friday 29th March.
Allocation of places: In the event that this call is oversubscribed, priority will be given i) to allowing attendance of ECRs from a range of institutions, and ii) to those who have not previously attended a UKCCSRC Conference and/or made other use of UKCCSRC support to attend meetings. The order in which applications have been received may also be used, if necessary, to allocate places.
Contact information: Please email Carys, UKCCSRC Senior Finance Officer, on [email protected] or call 0114 125 7235 if you require any clarification on this call.
Applicants should note that awards will be reimbursed via an expense claim form or invoice received by the UKCCSRC team. It is expected that ECRs will be able to travel to Cardiff on the morning of 16 April and return home on the afternoon of 17 April, therefore requiring only one overnight in stay in Cardiff. Requests for an additional night of accommodation should be justified.
Apply online via the Meeting Fund Application Form
Ensure that they or their supervisor/manager submits this Referee Form by email to [email protected] before 5pm (UK time) Friday 29th March.
Applicants will be asked in the online application to upload print-out quotes or statements used in their estimate of expenditure. Please read the terms and conditions for details on claimable expenditure.
Applicants should expect to receive a funding decision by Friday 5th April. Remember you will also need to register separately for the conference. Early registration is highly encouraged!
- Applicants must be working or studying in the CCS field within the UK academic community at an eligible organisation at the time of application and for the duration of the proposed activity.
- Student applicants must be completing a postgraduate research degree programme in a CCS topic at a UK university or research institute eligible to receive UKRI funding.
- Any other applicants must hold a permanent or fixed-term contract of employment at a UK university or research institute eligible to receive UKRI funding.
- Academic and research staff applicants must meet the (non-technical) conditions for eligibility for the EPSRC New Investigator scheme. These include that applicants must normally have completed their PhD or equivalent professional qualification within 10 years of the time the application is submitted. Academic staff wishing to apply should also normally have been appointed to their first lecturer or equivalent position within the previous 36 months, or still be within the probation period associated with the new appointment.
- This scheme is not intended to be used to extend or supplement an existing fellowship: potential applicants who hold a personal fellowship should contact [email protected] or call 0114 215 7235 to clarify their proposal intentions before submitting an application.
- Applications must be made by the applicant, but must be supported in writing by their supervisor or line manager.
- Please ensure you have fully read the Terms and Conditions of Award before applying.
- To apply you must be logged in to your UKCCSRC account - please log in via the boxes at the top right. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by entering just your username (name_lastname) and clicking LOG IN. For help email [email protected].