This new report by the Grantham Research Institutes at the London School of Economics and Imperial College, and the Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy (CCCEP), analyses the key barriers faced by CCS in Europe and recommends a European strategy to increase ambition and accelerate CCS development over the next decade.
1. Presentation of the reports key findings
2. Expert responses to the report and panel debate:
How can the development and deployment of CCS be accelerated in the EU in the next 5 to 10 years?
– Paula Abreu Marques, Head of Unit, Renewables and CCS Policy, Directorate-General for Energy, European Commission
– Chris Beauman, Senior Advisor, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
– Juho Lipponen, Head of Carbon Capture and Storage Unit, International Energy Agency
– Theo Mitchel, Policy Manager, Carbon Capture and Storage Association
3. Audience Q&A