Europe’s largest exhibition and conference dedicated to electric power generation, POWER-GEN Europe, returns to Amsterdam for its 23rd staging.
POWER-GEN Europe, co-located with Renewable Energy World Europe features the leading suppliers, sub-suppliers and service providers across the entire power generation value chain on its exhibition floor.
Against a background of unprecedented challenges for the power industry, the theme for POWER-GEN Europe and Renewable Energy World Europe 2014 is ‘SECURE POWER FOR A SUSTAINABLE ECONOMY’ This overarching theme underlines POWER-GEN Europe’s commitment to addressing the challenges facing the power industry including:
- The need to ensure grid infrastructure keeps pace with the rise of variable power
- The impact of renewables as part of the energy mix and on grid balance
- Balancing CO2 reduction and security of power supply
- The critical need to develop economic power storage technologies
- Reducing the costs of renewable technologies for a post-subsidy future
- Creating a market design that ensures power security alongside a return for generators