A webinar on implementing CO2 capture and storage (CCS) technology will take place on 4th September, 2018. This ECR Researchers’ Forum webinar is the first webinar funded by the UKCCSRC, as part of their program for Early Career Researchers.
Dr Marcella Dean, who is leading the verification monitoring programme for CO2 storage projects in Shell, will share her extensive experience of CCS regarding the industry aspects. Two early-career researchers will also present the latest progress of their study on CCS.
We are aiming to enable the participants to
- Realise the significance of CCS in the big picture of energy, society and climate.
- Understand the key issues of planning, designing, and implementing CCS projects, both in terms of scientific and practical aspects.
- Recognise the current opportunities and challenges of CCS application at industrial scale.
- Be informed of CCS related research across the UK.
Moderator: Gang Wang
Organisation: Heriot-Watt University
Here’s where to register for the event.
|2:30-3:20||Title: Carbon Capture & Storage – Ensuring the Security of Long-term Geological CO2 Storage|
Presenter: Dr Marcella Dean
Organisation: Shell Global Solutions (Netherlands)
|3:20-3:45||Title: Molecular Simulation of CO2 Capture on Hydrotalcites as Solid Adsorbents|
Presenter: Phebe L. Bonilla Prado
Organisation: University of Sheffield
Please note: The following speaker competition has expired
ECR competition to speak at this event
We are pleased to invite you to submit an abstract for an oral presentation for consideration at the webinar titled “CO2 Capture and Storage Researchers’ Forum” (CCSRF). The call for abstracts is open now.
Deadline for submissions: 4pm Tuesday 10 July 2018.
Abstracts are available below:
- The lead proposer and the presenter must be a UKCCSRC ECR member. If not already a member, simply apply via this website (see top right).
- Please fill in the application form
- The submitted abstract has to be based on or involved with your own study. ECRs can only lead and present on one abstract but may be named collaborators on other abstracts.
- Please select one of the following three categories from “CO2 Capture”, “Transportation”, “Utilization and Storage” and rename the completed form as “The selected category_Your full name”.
- Please submit your completed application form via email as an attachment to CCSRF@hw.ac.uk
- Two candidates will be selected and offered the opportunity to present their work during the webinar.
If you are selected to speak at the webinar
We are happy to cover the selected speaker’s expense travelling to Edinburgh with a maximum allowance of £110. A lunch, together with the industrial speaker, will be provided to ensure that there is time to discuss areas of interest in advance of the webinar.