The London event on Nov 20th will look at what Phase 2 and Phase 3 of UK’s Carbon Capture and Storage industry might look like (counting White Rose and Peterhead as Phase 1).
- We we need more direct government subsidy to build the next phase of projects or can they be financed using Contracts for Difference?
- Will they add-on to the existing projects, so we start to see networks?
- Will there be an EOR component – revitalising North Sea oilfields at the same time?
- Will CO2 shipping be involved, to transport CO2 over longer distances?
- Will the next projects be ones which are already on the drawing board or something completely new?
- Can there be a better way of financing CCS than the emissions trading scheme?