On Thursday 25 June 2020 10:00 – 11:00 CEST (09:00 – 10:00 UK time), the multi-partner ALIGN-CCUS is holding project unites science and industry in a shared goal of transforming six European industrial regions into economically robust, low-carbon centres by 2025.
The seventh webinar from the ALIGN-CCUS project will describe outputs from Work Package 1, which has focused on the market readiness of carbon capture technology for both power and industrial applications. Work to date has involved testing campaigns at cutting-edge research facilities in order to improve the environmental and economic performance of CO2 capture technology.
The speakers will provide an overview of guidelines developed specifically for CCS operators and other stakeholders. They will cover topics such as guidelines cover emissions control, solvent management and derisking process dynamics and control.
Project coordinator, Peter van Os (TNO), will chair the event, which includes an opportunity to ask questions of an expert panel:
- Hanne Kvamsdal, WP1 lead, SINTEF
- Juliana Monteiro, TNO
- Georg Wiechers, RWE
- Thor Mejdell, SINTEF
- Susana Garcia, Heriot-Watt University (Q&A only)
- Welcome and ALIGN-CCUS project overview – Peter van Os, Project coordinator, TNO
- Overview of Work Package 1: preparing for large-scale capture demonstration – Hanne Kvamsdal, WP1 lead, SINTEF
- Guidelines for emission control – Juliana Monteiro, TNO
- Guidelines for effective solvent management – Georg Wiechers, RWE
- Guidelines for de-risking process dynamics and control – Thor Mejdell, SINTEF
- Wrap-up and close – Peter van Os, TNO