A webinar on implementing CO2 capture and storage (CCS) technology on 22nd October, 2019. This webinar is the second webinar funded by the UKCCSRC, as part of the programme for Early Career Researchers.
Register your interest here. The link to this webinar and further information will be sent to your registration email address later.
Moderator: Gang Wang
Organisation: Heriot-Watt University
Agenda and presentations: as follows
|2.30 -3.20pm||Acorn CCS a Smart Route to Delivering Carbon Capture and Storage in the UK|
Alan James, Pale Blue Dot Energy
|3.20-3.50pm||The Liability Framework for the Shipping Phase of CCS|
Alice O’Brien, Scandinavian Institute of Maritime Law
|3.50-4.20pm||Imaging of Intermittent Flow Pathways in a Carbonate Rock with 1 Second Time Resolution|
Catherine Spurin, Imperial College London
What makes this event significantly beneficial to all ECRs?
- All ECRs who submitted an abstract will be given the option of having their abstract and contact information uploaded to the UKCCSRC website. We believe this measure would effectively improve the visibility of your work, help to develop your potential network and very importantly, there is no cost to you at all.
- Besides the two ECRs, Mr. Alan James, who is the managing director of Pale Blue Dot Energy, will also share his expertise to cover the industrial aspects of CCS. Both the latest research work and the valuable practical experience shall be presented in this webinar to ensure the audiences will greatly benefit from this.
- The two selected presentations will be sent to Prof. Andreas Busch and Prof. Eric Mackay in advance of the webinar, and the authors will receive feedback on content and layout of the presentations, with a view to improve the overall quality of the webinar.
We are pleased to invite you to submit an abstract for an oral presentation for consideration at the webinar titled “CO2Capture and Storage Researchers’ Forum” (CCSRF).
- The lead proposer and the presenter must be a UKCCSRC ECR member. If not already a member, simply apply via the website.
- Please fill the application form
- The submitted abstract has to be based on or involved with your own study. ECRs can only lead and present on one abstract but may be named collaborators on other abstracts.
- Please select one of the following three categories from “CO2 Capture”, “Transportation”, “Utilisation and Storage” and rename the completed form as “The selected category_Your full name”.
- Please submit your completed application form via email as an attachment to CCSRF@hw.ac.uk
- Two candidates will be selected and offered the opportunity to present their work throughout the UK at the webinar.
- Deadline for submissions: 11:59 P.M. on Tuesday, 22 July 2019.
Abstract call – now closed.
Abstracts are available below:
Travel to Edinburgh
We are happy to cover the selected speakers’ expense travelling to Edinburgh with a maximum allowance of £110. A lunch, together with the industrial speaker and senior academic professionals, will be provided to ensure that there is time to discuss are as of interest in advance of the webinar.